In 1827 William Werden (1785~1869) of Springfield and John Satterthwaite of Waynesville partnered to establish "The Accommodation Stagecoach Line". The National Road had reached Springfield from Columbus (and points further east all the way back to Baltimore). The "Accommodation Line" would then connect travelers from Springfield to Cincinnati. See, http://www.ohiobyways.com/Accommodation.htm.
William ("Billy") Werden was the owner of the National Hotel in Springfield, a huge inn located on the northwest corner of Main and Spring Streets. It also had a number of stables to house 400 to 500 horses. For approximately $5.00, a traveler could ride the stage to Cincinnati.
The route went from Springfield through Clifton to Old Town (Old Chilllicothe) to Xenia to Transylvania (located opposite of Spring Valley) to Mt. Holly to the North Toll Booth above Waynesville to John Satterthwaite's "Halfway House" in Waynesville. The teamsters stayed at the "Halfway House" and the travelers stayed at the "Holloway Inn" on Third Street.
The next morning the stagecoach would leave from the Satterthwaite's and pick up the travelers at the Holloway Inn. The stagecoach would then have to travel down into the valley of Camp Creek up the south side of the valley. At Newman's Run there was another Toll House. The stage then continued to Genntown, Lebanon, Lebanon south, Unity (Houston?), Mason, Pisgah, Sharon(ville), Reading and Cincinnati.
For more information see, "The Accommodation Line: Stagecoach Travel from Springfield to Cincinnati in the 1820's and 1830's" by Ed and Adah Andres of Waynesville (Published by Authors). This booklet gives more detail about the actual route of the Accommodation Line and tells where some of the old road can still be seen.